Hello once again, Readers!!! How goes it! We are still working on the cover for Embracing the Flames. It has to be perfect! I have also surpassed 50K in From the Embers, so I’d say I am making progress. Woot!
But I digress.
This post is about something I have been experimenting with lately. Building up a Facebook audience. I am a strong believer that not every social media site is for everyone. You have to find what works, and I like Facebook.
But the important question is, does Facebook help you as an author trying to market? YES! If you learn to use Facebook effectively, it really can help you reach a wider audience.
How do I know?
Like most, when I was thrown into the world of being published and needing to market, I found myself sitting in front of my computer lost and confused. But with some effort and research, I have managed to figure some things out. One of which, is how to use Facebook as an author. Through reading, watching, and then actually doing, I can attest that these simple steps work.
It’s really easy. All you need it a little bit of time, devotion, and a leap of faith.
Here are my five steps to success:
- Use pictures to connect with your audience. These can be found anywhere. Using pictures is a quick way to connect without having to write anything. It’s pleasing to the eye and it also gives the audience something to share on their page, thus helping you branch out virally.
- Ask questions. Be concerned about your audience. Get to know them. They are helping you out just by liking your page, so return the favor by being interested and talking to them. Ask a simple question like: What are you reading? This is an effective way to engage and meet your audience.
- Hold giveaways. Everyone loves free stuff. If you are an author, this is a great way to not only get people talking, but to expand your audience and get reviews and such in return. It will also pull in new likes if you target the giveaway to that.
- Support other pages and authors. Branching out is easy if you believe in karma. Give and thee shall receive. Whenever you like a page, Facebook has integrated this handy “if you like this, then you may like this” option. Use that to keep finding similar pages that suit your interest and then promote their stuff as well.
- Share freebies and other things that spark you. Chances are, your readers will be just as interested, thus keeping them wanting to be a part of your page.
I know, they aren’t super complicated. But that’s the beauty of Facebook. It’s really not that complicated. You just have to decide and then stick to it. Try to post at least once a day. Take around 10 minutes to read through the news feed and comment on others stuff and then promote your stuff.
Hope this helps! If not, do not fret! There are other sites that offer tons of advice. One of my favorites is Author Media. They have tons of posts on how to build your platform.
Any who, now to leave you with a question: What social site has helped you?
Echelon out, Peeps ♥