Hello once again, Readers!!!! I have a special treat for you today!! A chance to win some really awesome prizes!!
I know, totally, insanely awesome, I am. *cough* So who doesn’t love a good scavenger hunt?? My fellow authors with 48fourteen and I are holding a blog hop where you can win a ton of ebooks! And you can have fun in the process! A two-for-one special! You’ll be like a freaking Pirate or something! Who hasn’t ever wished for that?
I digress. So here is the key…you have to find the hidden word on this blog post. Here’s a hint: It is in the synopsis in bold lettering. Then you follow this here linky-do: http://roxykade.blogspot.com/p/48fourteen.html and click on the other book covers to take you to the other blogs where you will find the other clues. All of these clues need to be entered into the rafflecopter for your chance to win! Super easy and more importantly, super fun! This will run from today until to February 4th.
Now for my clue:
FBI Agent Joe Roberts wants that instant chemistry with a woman like the ones his sisters have with their husbands. After years of searching, he finds it with Dr. Madeline Pierce.
The problem – she’s his contact on a dangerous case.
When Madeline discovers an extensive operation of meth production and distribution within her medical research facility, Joe goes undercover as her boyfriend to determine the degree of company involvement. They determine the meth is financing a volatile nano-drug.
The small West Michigan farming town is in turmoil over horrific animal attacks. Someone is experimenting outside the laboratory. Are human test subjects next? With the help of Joe’s sister, Eva, who works at the local clinic, and her law enforcement husband, Matt, Joe and Madeline hunt for this new bio-weapon. Will Joe and Madeline give in to temptation? She thinks he’s playing her like the men from her past. He needs to convince her otherwise.
Chemical Attraction explores sinister scientific research and the intense chemistry of love and lust.
Praise for Christina Thompson and Chemical Attraction:
“Like the spider that spins a beautiful, intricate web, Christina Thompson has spun a beautiful story full of adventure, romance, suspense, and fun.” ~ Kass Hillard
“…hooks you from the beginning and leaves you wanting to join in on the next assignment…” ~ Angie C, Amazon
About the Author:
Christina received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Nazareth College in Kalamazoo, Michigan and a diploma in traditional Chinese acupuncture from Midwest College of Oriental Medicine in Racine, Wisconsin. She enjoys writing about the physical science, the emotional workings of the mind and heart, and the spiritual energy that taps into our passions. She currently resides with her husband, Kraig, in Michigan.
Connect with Christina:
Chemical Attraction on Facebook
Where to buy Chemical Attraction:
Chemical Attraction on 48fourteen
Barnes & Noble
Excerpt from Chemical Attraction:
“Depending on how long this has been going on, we’re talking about millions if not billions of dollars.” Joe stood and paced at the foot of his bed in the Blue Room at the B & B. “Well, the proof would be with materials management, right?”
Leaning against his headboard, Madeline nodded. “They would have the master supply list and shipping manifests. Getting those would be a start. The supply list would show the bulk chemicals ordered and the manifest would show the delivery of those actual items.”
“What’s their security like?” he asked, impressed by her knowledge and instincts.
She reached for her iced tea with her left hand and used her right to wipe the condensed wetness off the tabletop. She took a mouthful, swallowed, and sighed. “They have cameras all over the place. The front desk has four screens that they flip through to any area, but security has a room with monitors for every camera.”
He continued to walk the six steps from one side of the room to the other. “They have cameras in materials management?”
“That department has three. If it weren’t for the cameras, I’d walk down there and make copies of the lists. They hang on a clipboard out in the open. There’s even a copier in an alcove next to it,” she said, crunching her ice.
“Where are the cameras placed?” he asked, clenching his jaw at her distractions.
She grinned. “One picks up the clipboard and the hallway. There’s one at the gated door, overlooking the supply room, and the other is directly across from the copier. I have no idea how to get to it by myself.”
He looked at everything in the room, but Madeline stretched out on his bed. He struggled against temptation. “A lot of people work in that area?”
“Four guys are in and out of the department throughout the day except for lunch. Between noon and one, they eat in the cafeteria and leer at women.”
He moved the blue lace curtain to the side and looked at the empty street. In the window’s reflection, he watched Madeline position herself across the bed onto her abdomen. She bent her knees, putting her feet in the air. He turned back around as she propped her head on her hands. He kicked his shoe across the room and watched it thump into the door. Frustrated, he plopped into the chair, folded his arms, and stared at her.
“Why are you doing that?” he finally asked.
She smiled. “Are you mad at me? Your body language says you are.”
“You want fun, huh?” She squealed as he leapt across the bed toward her. When she tried to roll away, he pinned her beneath him. As he hovered over her, he gently moved a strand of her hair away from her face. “I told you. You are too damn tempting.”
Lowering his head, he kissed her. The bolt of lightning shot through him again and, God, he liked it. She squeezed his biceps, making him instantly hard. Her kisses seared his lips. He was definitely playing with fire. As he slowly lowered his body, they heard pounding on the ceiling.
“I better go,” Madeline whispered as she tried to catch her breath.
Suddenly aware of his position, he scrambled to get up. “God, I’m sorry. I’ll walk you home.”
Damn, how could he be so irresponsible? He had worked with many women over the years and had always kept it strictly professional. Now, he was compromising not only his mission and career but her life as well.
1) When did you find out that you wanted to be a writer?
I wrote, but I didn’t consider myself a writer until my husband pointed it out to me. We were having breakfast at the local diner, and I asked him about a transitioning part in my story. He’s usually a good sounding board. This time, he thought I should kill off one of my main characters. When I thought about that character dying, I started to cry. Having fun at my expense, he suggested some malicious ways to do it. Our discussion received some quizzical looks from the patrons around us. Embarrassed by my emotional outburst, I asked him if I was crazy. Putting a pleasant spin on it, he said I had a passion for writing. I realized the more I wrote the more compelled I was to write. He clarified that for me. I was a writer and wanted to be a published one.
2) Where did you find the inspiration for Chemical Attraction?
- Chemical Attraction started out as busy work. My children were grown, and I worked part-time. I had an idea about a hero and heroine, who were confident in their careers, yet vulnerable in their relationships. I needed to put it on paper. I wanted these characters to feel the chemistry of love and lust. I think we all search for that special connection with someone. What happens when we find it? Do we cherish it or take it for granted? I also wanted to set a good example for my children in that hard work, patience, and perseverance would pay off. Receiving numerous rejections, I wanted them to know that challenging, testing, and re-defining yourself is a productive part of life. I’m still growing and always learning.
3) Did you have to do any research for your book?
- Years ago, I read an article by Carol Ekarius in Alternative Medicine called “Welcome to Nano World.” Carol wrote, “The very things that make nano particles so useful—also make them potentially dangerous.” I remember being fascinated and terrified. As an acupuncturist, I try to be mindful of what I put into my body. I set out on a quest to answer the What Ifs. What would happen if these small particles invaded the body without our knowledge? What if someone could tap into our brain to control our actions? Who would have the courage to stop it? My curiosity and imagination helped me combine the fascinating areas of the mind, body, and spirit. My degree in biology from Nazareth College in Kalamazoo gave me a love of science and a background into the physical realm of the body. I combined that with my diploma in Traditional Chinese Acupuncture from Midwest College for Oriental Medicine, which taught me that the mind and spirit affect the body in powerful ways. Love and laughter have profound healing properties.
4) Your favorite author?
- One of my favorite authors is Robert Jordan and his Wheel of Time Series. I love his intertwining storylines. The more I re-read his series, the more pieces I fit into his elaborate puzzle that I had missed the first time. I tried to create that depth with my characters as their backstories are revealed throughout my
5) If you were a villain from Disney, which one it would be and why?
- The first villain I thought about was the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. She ruled a kingdom of the insane and was probably the craziest one. Most of the time, I feel like the Queen of Cluelessness in a Kingdom of Social Media. If only I could command, “Off with their heads,” to those who don’t buy our books.
Now to leave you with a question: Do you want to win!? Head on over to: http://roxykade.blogspot.com/p/48fourteen.html for the other blogs!
Echelon out, Peeps ♥