Hello once again, Readers!!! I have been meaning to do this post for a while now since I have been nominated by a few of my author friends, but am just now getting to it. I want to thank Elizabeth Guizzetti for nominating me first and foremost. She is a fellow author at 48fourteen (my publisher) and is extremely talented. Her debut novel, Other Systems, has received great review and even an interviewed from me! Check out her post, Blog Hop! The Next Big Thing: The Martlet to find what her next big thing is!
But I digress.
What is the working title of your next book?
- The title of the next book in the Born in Flames trilogy is Embracing the Flames. It is in the last round of editing by my publisher and will hopefully be released by summer of 2013.
Where did the idea for your book come from?
- The idea for the trilogy struck me in 2009 when I decided that I actually wanted to try to write the small ideas I had floating around in side of my head. After completing the first novel in the trilogy, Born in Flames, and then being accepted by 48fourteen, I continued on with the trilogy. I had a general idea of where I wanted the second novel to go in terms of planning out the major plot line of all three, but the actual details came to me as I began writing which is mostly how I write. I let it flow without the pressure of a guide to follow.
What genre does your book fall under?
- It is still a young adult fantasy. Maybe with a little more epic fantasy in it.
Who would play your characters in a film?
- I would love for Hayley Williams from Paramore to play Aurora and I think Logan Lermen would be a good Fenn.
What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
- Embracing the Flames is the next chapter in Aurora’s life where she discovers secrets more sinister than her enemy that will unveil the price of her life.
Will your next book be self-published or represented by an agent?
- Neither. It is being traditionally published by 48fourteen.
How long did it take to write the first draft of your manuscript?
- Around three months. My read-through took about one month after that.
What other books would you compare this story to in the genre?
- I’m not sure. I haven’t given much thought to comparing.
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
- Wanting something more out of life inspired me. I was bored with my day job and decided to write the ideas in my head, not really knowing that it could actually become a career. By the time I finished the novel, I knew that it was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
- This novel dives deeper into the fantastical world that Aurora now lives in. You will see more magic, dragons, different races such as Necromancers and Priests, and the development of Fenn and Aurora’s love story as well as the discovery of Fenn’s role in Aurora’s future. He’s her protector, but on more levels than the readers know of right now.
You can read more status updates about the trilogy on my author Facebook page. You can find Born in Flames on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and KOBO.
I want to now nominate my best friend Sonya Loveday. She is a wonderful writer who is on her way to being published as we speak! Make sure you follow this link and show her some love! You won’t be disappointed.
That being said, Echelon out! ♥