Hello once again Readers!!! Now before I get to the good stuff-tips on marketing-I wanted to let you in on a little secret about myself. You see, I have this little problem…I get hooked on something and become obsessed with it until it bores me. This usually lasts about two to three weeks. And right now, I’m hooked on learning as much as I can about how to market myself as an author. This of course will benefit you as a reader because I will share everything I learn, thus cutting back on the time you will have to spend on research. Yay!
So today I stuck to reading about basic marketing strategies. Yesterday it was learning how to use Twitter to your advantage. Again I’m using Author Media for my research because they have so many versatile blogs that appeal to striving authors. So let us begin.
First thing’s first, the blog that will change your life-89 Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life. Like that, eh? I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot with this particular blog because there are tons of great ideas and they are all broken down into categories. I’m a sucker for organization. I digress. A few of my favorite points are:
- Create a book trailer-I have been meaning to do this! It’s a great way to show your audience what’s inside your mind.
- Create a fan page for your main character-It would give the reader something to look forward to when the story is over. I myself love to look for ways to continue my connection with a character that I fell in love with.
- Ask different newspapers and radio stations in your area to interview you-I guess branching out and rolling up your sleeves is the best way to make yourself known. Personally, I’d have to get over my shyness in order to do this.
- Find places to give book readings. Coffee shops, bookstores,videos online, libraries. Use your imagination!
- Donate! It’s called Karma!
The list goes on and on, 89 times to be exact. There are a lot of helpful ideas and some that I need to read up on because I am not that good at understanding technology. I will be bookmarking all of these for when my book is finally published. For now though, I will continue to edit my second novel and play around with my social media sites.
Tomorrow I will be blogging about blogging tips and how to gain traffic to your blog so be sure to check back in. Since I’m still new to the scene, I have a lot to learn.
And I leave you with a question: If you are published, what way of marketing have you found the most successful? If you are a reader, what appeals to you? What catches your attention and makes you purchase a book?
Until tomorrow, Echelon out ♥