I’ve been honored with a nomination for the Liebster Award by Shirley Sorbello!!! How exciting! I love the awards that are passed around our community. It gives us all a chance to get to know one another all the while promoting each other. So go team! This award is especially special for a number of reasons. Read further to understand why…(muhahaha).
The following information was copied from: A Writer’s Journey
What is the Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.”
Umm…they left something out. The most important adjective to describe us Liebster receivers! Can you guess what I’m about to say? AWESOME!!! I’m just kidding (not really). So to my nominees listed below, please be sure to add awesome to your description because you surely are!
Now for the rules:
- If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
- Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
- Tag 11 more Bloggers.
- Tell the people you tagged that you did.
- No tagging back.
- The person you tag must have less than 200 followers.
So let us begin!
11 more things you should probably know about me…
- I just dyed my hair magenta. Boo-ya.
- I am afraid of the dark. Big time.
- I’ve been stung by jellyfish before. It hurts.
- I own and love my Heelys. (And I’m damn good at it)
- I sometimes speak in Yoda. Awesome I am!
- I can be a pushover. Bad habit.
- I can do the Shake-down Shimmy like Adam Richman. It works.
- I love Ikea.
- I love to travel. Now if only I could afford to…
- I used to love Barney.
- I danced in an off-broadway production of the Nutcracker when I was younger. I was a toy-soldier and waltzing flower.
Here are the answers to Shirley’s 11 wonderful questions!
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Hmm…it would have to be performing on a cruise ship while on the way to Cozumel, Mexico. It was fun trying to accommodate my routines to the swaying of the boat. Plus, I was of the legal age to drink beer! (14 I think I was). I tried it on a bus (my mother actually let me!) and hated it.
- What is your favorite color? It would have to be blue. A greenish-blue to be precise.
- What is your favorite place on Earth? In my husband’s arms (Awwwww). I know.
- What has been your proudest moment? That’s difficult. Of course having two healthy, beautiful children would be it, but signing a publishing contract has been my ultimate proud moment. I’m showing my children that you can go for your dreams and achieve them if you work hard enough.
- What makes you happiest? Feeling like I’ve left my mark, one way or another.
- What are you afraid to do? Even though I have, I’m afraid to put myself out there (speaking of Born in Flames) and receive nothing but negative feedback. I’m afraid of not interesting anyone. You know, the normal writer’s self-doubt.
- What do you want the world to remember most about you? That I loved passionately, I gave my all to everything I touched, I dreamed, I danced, I wrote, I lived my life to the fullest, and I could do a cart-wheel.
- Why do you write and/or blog? It started off as a way of putting myself out there as an author. A contact for my future readers. But in the past few months, it’s become much more. I blog because it makes me happy. I enjoy meeting new people and finding out that I’m not alone in my dreams and doubts.
- What famous person do you admire the most? Sheesh. Umm…Jared Leto I guess. He’s a Capricorn like me so I know he’s a hard worker. His lyrics are beautiful and relatable. And he’s persevered through all the struggles his band was put through.
- What is you favorite kind of music? Indie Pop, Alternative, Punk, Rock, 80’s, the list could go on and on…
- What do you know for sure? I know for sure that I will go to bed with pink hair. :)
My Questions for my Nominees:
- What is your biggest dream?
- What inspires you the most?
- What is your favorite kind of music?
- How did you wind up with a blog?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite genre of reading?
- The ocean or the mountains?
- Are you a hopeless romantic?
- What is your current WIP about?
- What is your top five favorite movies?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
That’s it! Now remember nominees, you are AWESOME! So let’s list them:
Sonya Loveday * Veganchopnchat (not sure how many followers you have but oh well) * Mymagicalescape * James M Davis * Em Types * Ignore the Buckles on My Jacket * Michelle Proulx * Andrew Toynbee * Austin Bishop * James Calbraith * Sean’s World
So that about wraps it up!
Until tomorrow Little Flames… Echelon out ♥